Sunday, April 3, 2011

Argyle Love Silhouette

Going back to an old favorite, the silhouettes! These never get old to me. There are so many variations that can be done, it's endless!

A friend of mine wanted a silhouette done for the anniversary of her and her boyfriend. I thought it was a great idea, and now we had to get the perfect picture. The picture was taken during the summer at a BBQ/Beach Day that I had planned for a group of my friends. We had an idea of a pose she wanted in mind, but couldn't make it obvious. Fortunately, it's never weird for me to have a camera in my hand or not far from reach at all times during get togethers, so, this worked out well.

Following the directions I posted on a previous post from 8/25/10, "Not Your Grandmother's Silhouettes," I had my template. The couple is a very artsy and open-minded duo, so I didn't want to just go for any old frame. I wanted to find something different...



I liked the roughness of the wood which would be filled with a soft and loving picture. I spray painted the box brown, mounted the silhouette onto a solid background, green, and added in a shooting star, as I know that the star is very symbolistic of this particular couple. (Through good old girl talk). 



I thought the frame was missing something and I wanted to make it a little more personal. After thinking about the dude in the relationship, something jumped out at me. I know the male of the couple is an avid fan of argyle since every pair of socks he owns is argyle, I would help match the socks during some girl talk/folding laundry sessions. I wanted to paint the outside argyle pattern. 




The gift was a hit and I hope they will continue to keep this as a piece of work in their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment